Monday 13 August 2007

Unexpected Historical Tarting

This, chaps, is the moment when this website takes over my life. Read it and weep.

It's a pleasant Sunday and the BF suggests we go out somewhere. "Where do you want to go?" he asks.

This is where I suggested.





It violated every part of the MerseyTart ethos. We drove there! There are no trains! It's not even on Merseyside! And yet, and yet...


Hadlow Road used to be part of the Hooton to West Kirby railway that I mentioned in my last post - the one that was lifted in the Sixties. Most of it was turned into a long linear park, the Wirral Way, but here at Hadlow Road, they preserved the station as it was in the 50s. It was very pretty, though sadly the ticket office was locked up; we squinted through the windows and could see a genuine Railway Children-esque waiting room, complete with fireplace.



There was also a signal box. Can't get excited about signal boxes I'm afraid. I'm taking that as a positive sign that I'm not a real trainspotter. Still, at least now I have pics of me on here that don't just give you an intimate interior view of my nostrils!


This is not establishing a precedent. I need to stay focused!

No comments: